The NLA Environmental Award and the President’s Award are decided upon by the judges. Peer awards include the Lifetime Achievement Award, Tony Armstrong Humanitarian Award, Education/Research Award and Ambassador Award, and are voted on by the members of the Nevada Landscape Association. Ballots are sent out in early fall.
- NLA Environmental Award- The best design/build by a licensed landscape contractor resulting in a water efficient and environmentally balanced landscape that does not sacrifice the quality of the design nor the quality of life.
- President’s Award- Given to the individual or company who has the best overall entry.
- Lifetime Achievement Award- Given to individuals who have represented the NLA in a memorable fashion throughout the years.
- Tony Armstrong Humanitarian Award- Given to an individual or company who has given unselfishly of their labor or materials to benefit the community.
- Education/Research Award– Given to the individual or company who has contributed to the education of the members of the Green Industry or done research that has benefited the Green Industry.
- Ambassador Award- Given to the individual that has best served as a representative for the Green Industry.