Join the Movement and Make Reno Green!
- Plant or purchase a container of flowers and/or plants or plant a flowerbed outside your business or home. If flowers aren’t your thing, you can use potted evergreens or topiaries.
- Purchase an official “Reno Blooms Flower” and display it in your container or flowerbed.
- Keep the plants and flowers watered and healthy from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Watch our community pride blossom as your plantings work their magic to:
- Create curb appeal which attracts customers and increases revenue — plants and flowers draw customers in and encourage then to linger and return. Curb appeal shows the pride you have in your workplace and home.
- Deter litter, graffiti & crime – studies show a 10% increase in trees and flowers is associated with a 12% drop in crime.
- Establish neighborhoods & business areas that are environmentally friendlier, cooler and cleaner, less stressful, and safer areas to work, walk and shop.
Share Your Reno Blooms
When you purchase your Reno Blooms Flower from Moana Nursery, let them know you would like your information added to their participant map. Ask for the link to their participant webpage where you can see the map as well as participant photos.
Planting Tips from Moana Nursery
- Know if your site is sunny (afternoon sun) or shady (morning sun/afternoon shade) to determine the types of plants that will do best.
- Select a container that is too heavy to move or one that is easily brought indoors if it is not safe to leave out overnight. Plant container with a quality soil mix like G&B Organics Blue Ribbon Blend. Make sure the container has a drainage hole.
- If you don’t have irrigation, you’ll need to hand water.
- Check daily for dryness– when it’s very hot, you may have to water more frequently depending on the plant material used and size of your container.
- Feed containers with flowers once each month with G&B Organics Bud & Bloom granular fertilizer. G&B Organics High Bloome liquid can be used with each watering. Feed green containers once each month with G&B Organics All Purpose granular. All Purpose liquid is optional with each watering. Feeding organic fertilizers has the added benefit of protecting your plants from becoming overrun with pests.
- Pinch off spent blooms on a regular basis to keep your container looking great.
- Need help? Visit a Moana Nursery near you for advice.
Reno Blooms Partners: Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful, Moana Nursery, City of Reno Parks & Urban Forestry, May Arboretum Society and Nevada Landscape Association.