Membership in the Nevada Landscape Association is for anyone interested in or involved in the Green Industry. All applicants must sign our Code of Ethics and be approved by the Board of Directors. An NLA membership application can be printed, filled out and faxed to the Nevada Landscape Association office at 775-673-5828. Or, you can join online below.
Are you considering membership? Whether your firm is a one-person operation or a multi-million dollar company, the benefits of membership in our association will help your business reach its potential.
- Assemble industry for common Green Industry initiatives.
- Provide a statewide voice for the Green Industry and proactive representation on city, county, state, and legislative and regulatory issues of concern to the Green Industry.
- Partner with the Nevada State Contractors Board to revise and broaden the definition of a C-10 license and then to revise the C-10 test. The NLA is currently working with the NSCB to require all maintenance operators to be licensed.
- The NLA is working to attain a landscape designer designation for landscape contractors.
- The NLA successfully went before the Western Regional Water Commission to request funding for Landscape Industry Certified program.
- NLA members sit on the Northern Nevada Water Planning Commission.
Education & Research
- Annual Conference which includes extensive educational seminars and CEUs for Nevada Department of Agriculture, California Department of Agriculture, International Society of Arborists, PLANET. Members receive a discounted rate.
- Educational seminars at discounted rates throughout the year for you and your employees. We offer irrigation, basic landscaping and Landscape Industry Certified classes.
- Provide Landscape Industry Certified program. This program accredits workers who pass unique written and field tests of hands-on landscape skills.
- Provide Landscape Industry Certification study manuals and seminars at a discount to assist applicants in preparing for test.
- Produced first Economic Impact Survey for state of Nevada. Results are published by UNR and have been used by a variety of state, county and city officials.
- Free planting guide for homeowners.
- Free Nevada Department of Agriculture pest identification books.
- Scholarship program for Truckee Meadows Community College students.
Public Relations & Community Development
- Partnered with the Nevada State Contractors Board in 2008-2009 on Operation Green whereby one household in northern Nevada and one household in southern Nevada were chosen for a yard makeover program.
- Involvement and recognition in community projects in the Reno area such as working with Washoe County to provide irrigation improvements at Rancho San Rafael Park and maintenance of Angela Dandini Gardens
- Attend Annual Green Industry trade show free of charge. Member’s exhibit at Trade Show at a discounted rate.
- Monthly meeting for the Board of Directors are held on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Earn recognition and publicity for your accomplishments by entering the Annual Trophy Awards Competition.
Marketing and Communication Tools
- Access to NLA membership directory.
- Quarterly statewide magazine which members receive free of charge along with an ongoing free editorial opportunity for their company. Members also receive a discount to advertise.
- Free website profile for members, along with advertising opportunities at a discounted rate providing information to keep members up to date on opportunities and issues, as well as educational resources for the members and the public.
- Resources for Growing and Managing Your Business.
- Develop communication resources to keep members up to date on opportunities and issues.
- Discount rates from Clear Choice Merchant Services for credit cards.
- Promotional materials (vehicle decals/ advertising logos/education brochures) free of charge.
- Recognition within the community and landscape industry as a qualified professional.
- Business development tools include Maintenance and Installation Specifications Standards and Best Management Practices.
- Spanish Landscape Phrase Book.
- Members are regularly recommended to homeowners, apartment & homeowner associations.
- Toll free number when you need help to assist members in obtaining whatever information they need.
- Network with your peers throughout the year at events and meetings.
The Nevada Landscape Association proudly shares its logo with members. Using the NLA logo for marketing purposes in your business not only improves your credibility with consumers but also helps the NLA gain more visibility throughout the community.
You can also request a logo by e-mail, email@example.com