Celebrating 25 Years of Service to Nevada’s Horticulture Industry, The Nevada Landscape Association (NLA) was founded in 1990 by a group of Northern Nevada Green Industry professionals who shared some concern over the growing landscape industry and who had the foresight to unite as a single voice for local businesses. The NLA’s Northern Nevada Chapter started shortly thereafter and focused on legislative issues which would negatively impact the industry.
As local Green Industry businesses flourished, so has the NLA. Over the years, with education, communication and community involvement, the NLA has helped to increase professionalism and raise standards in Nevada. And, with the implementation of the Landscape Industry Certified (formerly Certified Landscape Technician) program, the NLA now provides landscapers with an opportunity to be nationally certified.
Who Are We?
Our membership consists of installation and maintenance contractors, lawn care operators, landscape architects, nurseries, growers, retailers, public agencies, suppliers, services, and individuals in Nevada and throughout the United States. Members also include students, teachers, and university extension personnel in the horticulture field.
What Do We Do?
Our purpose is best explained in our mission statement:
The Nevada Landscape Association provides leadership by promoting professionalism and integrity within the Green Industry through education, high standards and community involvement. We guide policy and uphold responsible resource management for the beautification and enhancement of our community.
Code of Ethics
- Will uphold a safe working environment and promote training and education of employees as essential to the maintenance of high standard.
- Will not advertise in a false or misleading manner regarding certification, state contractors licensing and insurance coverage or regarding qualifications or benefits to be expected from services.
- Will abide by and promote the laws, ordinances and best management practices in a manner that will further the status of the landscape industry as a respected profession.
- Will not, if employed in a public capacity, compete unfairly with others in private business or recommend a professional in private business above others in the community where all are equally qualified and available.
- Will avoid making unfounded statements, which, in any way, might injure the professional reputation of another.
Hours of Operation
The Nevada Landscape Association (NLA) does not have an office that is open to the public. However, appointments are available upon request. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please contact us at email@example.com or 775-673-0404.